Hi Grade 3s and 4s,
Welcome to Week 4 of Performing Arts!
Learning Intention– To continue to expand our knoweldge, skills and competence in Music.
– To get moving and have fun!
1. Please watch my introduction video first.
2. Warm Up
3. Music Project – Please submit this on Compass when you have finished. I would love to see it!
4. Dance Chant Fun
2. Warm Up- Body Percussion
Song – ‘In the Hall of the King’ is a piece of orchestral music composed by Edvard Grieg in 1875.
Watch this clip for inspiration and notice how this group use body percussion in different ways.
Body Percussion activity- YOUR TURN!
Instead of just clapping along (like you did in Week 2) – follow the notation and use body percussion to play the sounds- just improvise!
eg. clap, pat your knees, chest tap, stamp, click etc.
Have fun and be confident with your creativity!
4. Music Project-
- Brainstorm and make list of your favourite bands or musicians- have at least 5 on your list. (You could ask someone in your family what their favourite band is if you need ideas).
- Choose one band, musician or composer you’d like to learn more about.
- Do some research and present your interesting information any way you like. Information should include things like: Their name, What genre/style of music they play?, what decade/years did they play?, how many people in the band? What instruments are played in the band or what instruments do you hear in their music? What country are they from? And any other interesting information you’d like to include.
- Please submit this on Compass when you have finished. I would love to see it!
4. Dance Chant Fun-
Stand up, get moving and join in with ‘Boom Chicka Boom’ chant.
Enjoy and stay safe!